This position reports to the COO and provides clerical and administrative support for the Operations department. This fast paced position requires the candidate to have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This position requires the ability and commitment to maintain every confidence shared in private or in public meetings. This candidate will demonstrate proficiency in MS Office. A neat and professional appearance is required. Prior experience as an administrative assistant is a must.
- Providing administrative, clerical and project support within a fast-paced environment
- Answering the telephone, screening and directing calls, and providing information to callers
- Responding to questions and requests from residents, associates, family, and visitors in a polite and timely manner
- Candidate should have 2 years of experience working in an office environment. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and have ability to multi-task and problem solve independently.
- Communicate effectively through email, memos, letters, and via phone using professional communication skills, including grammar and punctuation
- Support room reservations and set up as needed
- Manage the calendar and appointments of the Chief Operations Officer
- Clearly demonstrate a high degree of organizational skills.
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions
- Possess the ability to deal tactfully with guests, coworkers, visitors, and the public.
- Be knowledgeable of administrative practices, procedures, and guidelines.
- Must reflect a cheerful personality and can work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles and be willing to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Be proficient in following and executing written or oral instructions.
- Must have a working knowledge of computers, input/output data, etc.
- Must be able to type a minimum of 30 words per minute and operate or willing to learn Microsoft Office.
- Prefer the minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
To apply for current positions:
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503