Internship Role: ArtPrize at MTM Intern
Reports To: Abbey Sladick
Age Restriction: Sophomore level or higher
Mel Trotter Ministries: 225 Commerce Ave. SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
The Communication ArtPrize Intern will assist the MTM Communication team with producing strategies, tactics and executing the Mel Trotter Ministries ArtPrize exhibit for 2018. The intern will work with MTM program staff and possible partnering agencies to incorporate the theme “More to my story” in the display, while providing an exceptional experience for artists who are experiencing homelessness. The intern will execute a plan while serving as a liaison with the ArtPrize HUB. $500 stipend upon completion of internship.
- Create and execute an event plan for MTM ArtPrize exhibit 2018
- Work alongside the MTM creative team to develop a design theme
- Update www.artprizeatmtm.com website content
- Develop and execute a public relations plan for the event, including writing press releases and identifying creative ways to engage the public
- Team up with the Communication Coordinator on incorporating a social media strategy that aligns with MTM brand
- Collaborate with MTM volunteer coordinator to utilize volunteers for the 3-week duration of ArtPrize
- Promote MTM and the exhibit to increase votes
- Assist MTM program staff in identifying MTM guests as potential artists
- Working with MTM facilities staff in curating a weather-proof art display in the MTM park
- Establish goals and metrics to assess whether goals have been met at the end of the event
- Sophomore level standing or above
- Existing portfolio of work (school or professional) including event plan or public relations plan
- Proven success in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated confidence and compassion
- Proven creative and technical writing skills
- Must be able to work independently and execute tasks remotely at times
- Excellent time management and organization
- Ability to be flexible with project duties and have a positive attitude
- Flexible availability during ArtPrize September 19 – October 7, 2018
- Internship Application submitted and approved.
- Introduction Interview completed with Internship Coordinator.
- Completed and signed Mel Trotter Ministries’ Code of Conduct
- Background Authorization form completed
- Meet with MTM staff you will be reporting to for introduction and schedule opportunities.
- Fill out the Internship Application
- Prepare an updated résumé.
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application and résumé to:
Attn: Internship Opportunity
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503