Part-Time (29 Hours)
The Communication Coordinator helps enhance the brand of Mel Trotter Ministries (MTM) to drive broader awareness of the mission and vision of MTM and strengthen support of the organization across multiple publics. The Communication Coordinator creates and curates content and correspondence for various brand channels which includes social media, marketing, newsletter, blog and other channels. This position also provides project management support, helps with a variety of day-to-day programmatic and administrative tasks, communication research and produces communication materials. Specific duties include, but aren't limited to:
- Produce content or edit content from others for digital and print pieces including flyers, brochures, newsletter, fundraising appeals, website pages, social media, etc.
- Maintain a social media editorial calendar, execute a strategy and provide customer service support and correspondence on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, email, etc.
- Provide assistance with interviews for stories, as well as support photography and video needs
- Assist with maintaining MTM’s digital reputation by submitting award applications, updating third party websites, encouraging online reviews, increasing ratings, etc.
- Provide project management support by processing and prioritizing request forms, updating weekly project list, and leading efforts to meet appropriate deadlines
- Maintain and regularly report on analytics of website, social media, non-paid media coverage and paid media coverage
- Coordinate tour training, and MTM speaker’s bureau requests, encouraging staff to speak in the community
- Research best practices in communicating to various stakeholders, ensuring fit with MTM standards and practices
To apply for current positions:
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503