Internship Role: Events Intern
Reports To: Abbey Sladick
Age Restriction: Sophomore level or higher
Mel Trotter Ministries: 225 Commerce Ave. SW, Grand Rapids, MI 49503
The Communication Events Intern will assist the MTM Communication team with producing strategies, tactics and executing the Mel Trotter Ministries Events in fall of 2018. The intern will plan, promote and lead the annual Turkey Drop event and support other fall events including in-kind drives and the Thanksgiving Community Meal and other areas as needed. www.meltrotter.org/turkeydrop. $500 stipend upon completion of internship.
• . Create and execute an event plan for MTM Turkey Drop 2018
• Work alongside the MTM creative team to develop a design theme
• Develop and execute a public relations plan for the event, including writing press releases and identifying creative ways to engage the public
• Team up with the Communication Coordinator on incorporating a social media strategy that aligns with MTM brand
• Collaborate with MTM volunteer coordinator to utilize volunteers for the day of Turkey Drop, November 14, 2018.
• Promote MTM’s brand to increase attendance and donations
• Assist MTM program staff in identifying MTM guests for potential interviews/story features
• Working with MTM facilities staff on logistics for the event
• Establish goals and metrics to assess whether goals have been met at the end of the event
• Assist with other event preparation as needed (food/in-kind drives, Thanksgiving Community Meal, etc.)
• 5-10 hours per week.
• Currently enrolled in undergraduate or master’s degree program at a college/university. • Working toward a degree in hospitality, public relations, marketing, communication or related field.
• Sophomore level standing or above
• Existing portfolio of work (school or professional) including event plan or public relations plan
• Proven success in a deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrated confidence and compassion
• Proven creative and technical writing skills
• Must be able to work independently and execute tasks remotely at times
• Excellent time management and organization
• Ability to be flexible with project duties and have a positive attitude
• Flexible availability on Turkey Drop day November 14, 2018
• Internship Application submitted and approved.
• Introduction Interview completed with Internship Coordinator.
• Completed and signed Mel Trotter Ministries’ Code of Conduct
• Background Authorization form completed
• Meet with MTM staff you will be reporting to for introduction and schedule opportunities.
- Fill out the Internship Application
- Prepare an updated résumé.
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application and résumé to:
Attn: Internship Opportunity
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503