Part-Time (second shift) 16-28 hours/week
Men’s and Women’s sides
This position is responsible for welcoming and showing hospitality to our guests, along with ensuring the building is safe and secure. This role is all about making a positive first impression, demonstrating excellent customer service, maintaining a calm atmosphere, and setting an example of the culture of Mel Trotter Ministries.
The successful candidate needs to possess the ability to demonstrate compassion and excellent customer service, while identifying, preventing, and resolving situations that might put others at risk. This position is responsible for ensuring the safety and security of the downtown Mission buildings and grounds including all contents, occupants, and visitors.
- Ensure and maintain a peaceful and safe environment by being present where guests are at, making rounds, perimeter checks, monitoring the security cameras, monitoring the radio traffic, and searching guests upon entry.
- Monitor guest behavior to ensure MTM policies and procedures are adhered to and the environment is safe and secure. Use non-aggressive, non-physical actions to address issues. Engage law enforcement or medical personnel as needed.
- Manage the Bag Room, Tote Room, Scrub Room for assistance and storage of guest belongings.
- Interact positively with others, answer questions, provide information about MTM, escort visitors, and present a positive image of MTM.
- Assist nurses with requests for aid in Public Inebriate and/or Recuperation areas.
- Perform administrative duties using designated computer software systems, or other method to ensure guest and shift paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
- Promptly communicate guest issues or concerns with advocates and leadership.
- Direct and guide interns and volunteers (including community service workers), ensuring they are adhering to position requirements and MTM policies and practices.
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting of building cleanliness and sanitation issues, and help with cleaning duties as needed (in particular staff storage and office areas).
- Help guests manage their schedule and activities while they are in the mission. This includes responding to requests, offering assistance, handling mail duties, and ensuring basic needs are met.
- Responding to questions and requests from guests, associates, family, and visitors in a polite and timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with guests, employees, families, and visitors in a polite and courteous mannerPossess the ability to make independent decisions
- Must reflect a cheerful personality and can work harmoniously with other personnel
- Be proficient in following and executing written or oral instructions
- Prefer the minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification in CPR and First Aid (will train)
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Prefer experience in residential care, counseling, or crisis intervention
To apply for current positions:
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503