Part-Time and Per Diem (Nights)
This is a great position for a compassionate RN who enjoys building relationships, who likes to think on their feet, and who wants to be a strong advocate for the people they serve. The right person is someone who believes in the mission of Mel Trotter Ministries and who understands there is more to providing great care than just checking boxes and moving to the next call light.
This role is responsible for providing triage of medical complaints, First Aid and CPR, and a providing medical assessments of guests brought into the Public Inebriate Program via EMS, police or walking in on their own. The nurse also responds to all medical emergencies that occur in the building. Please note that each nurse works independently but does have personnel from other departments within the building at all times.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate documentation of all Guest interactions and medical interventions
- Assist with Health Education and referrals to hospitals, agencies and clinics as needed for Program Guests
- Direct, teach, mentor, coach and work with nursing students when they are on site, helping them acclimate and achieve success with their internship
- Provide triage and medical assessments of Public Inebriates (PI) and Program Guests with emergent medical complaints
- Coordinate and evaluate medical inventory or item donations
- Assist in coordinating and providing pre-hire screenings - TB skin tests and urine testing
- Assist in coordinating and providing Flu shots when available
- Maintain PI statistics needed for PI Program funding needs
- RN License in accordance with the laws of this state.
- Prefer an RN with at least 1 year of experience, but will consider excellent new grads
- Passionate about serving on a team to ensure safety and quality care
- Must possess experience and understanding of regulatory & compliance policies
- Must possess strong computer skills, primarily Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess excellent communication skills with the appropriate knowledge how to compassionately work with guests, coworkers, supervisors, families, visitors and others
To apply for current positions:
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503