Heartside Community Christmas Store
We are excited to again partner with Dégagé Ministries for our seventh annual Christmas Store. Our combined efforts have a great impact in our Heartside community, providing guests the opportunity to purchase gifts for their family or themselves at a low cost and in a dignified manner.
Guidelines to become a shopper
- Shoppers had to have used services at least four times in the past year.
- Only shoppers residing in the 49503 zip code. This is to help ensure we are serving those residing in the Heartside neighborhood.
- People who have stayed in the Open Door at Degage or are in a Mel Trotter Program.
- Secure an appointment any time after December 3rd by signing up at Dégagé Ministries at the 2nd floor help desk.
- There will be a cap of spending $30, and everything will be priced $5 or under.
- We will have gift wrap stations available.
- You can pay with cash or use Dégagé and Mel Trotter vouchers like cash. Vouchers are earned when guests complete tasks or chores at the Mission.
Ways to Get Involved
Purchase an item from the Christmas Store Wish List below.
We ask that they be delivered to Mel Trotter, unwrapped, by December 13th.
If you would prefer to give financially, we will be happy to use those funds for purchasing a gift. To give online, go to meltrotter.org/give and write "Christmas Store" in the comments.
- Be part of the set-up or clean-up crew, a personal shopper or a gift wrapper!
- Volunteer opportunities at the Christmas store are listed at www.meltrotter.org/volunteer by clicking “sign up.”
- For questions or more information, please call Paula Seales at 616-588-8723 or email .
Christmas Store Wish List
• Small appliances (coffee maker, toaster, Microwave, crockpot, etc.) *Urgent need*
• Games and puzzle books for adults
• Gloves (new) *Urgent need*
• Flashlights and batteries
• Radios, alarm clocks, other household items
• Towels (all sizes)*
• Sheet sets (all sizes)*
• Tool kits
• Men's winter boots
• Women’s winter boots
• Children's snow pants
• Socks, underwear, long underwear, undershirts (Men & women)
• Candles and jewelry
• Wrapping paper, Gift Bags and Christmas cards
• Men’s toiletries*
• Women’s toiletries*
• Headphones and electronics
• Sleeping bags and blankets*
• Pajama sets (all sizes)
* Favorite items
Still have questions?
I need more information, who do I contact?
- MTM representative for guests: , 616-588-8785
- MTM representative for volunteers and donors: , 616-588-8723
- Degage representative for volunteers: , 616-454-1661 X 212
- Degage representative for Christmas Store related questions: , 616-454-1661 X 230