Heartside Community Christmas Store
We are excited to again partner with Dégagé Ministries for our sixth annual Christmas Store. Our combined efforts have a great impact in our Heartside community, providing guests the opportunity to purchase gifts for their family or themselves at a low cost and in a dignified manner.
Guidelines to become a shopper
- Shoppers had to have used services at least four times in the past year.
- Only shoppers residing in the 49503 zip code. This is to help ensure we are serving those residing in the Heartside neighborhood.
- People who have stayed in the Open Door at Degage or are in a Mel Trotter Program.
- Secure an appointment any time after November 27 by signing up at Dégagé Ministries at the 2nd floor help desk.
- There will be a cap of spending $30, and everything will be priced $5 or under.
- We will have gift wrap stations available.
- You can pay with cash or use Dégagé and Mel Trotter vouchers like cash. Vouchers are earned when guests complete tasks or chores at the Mission.
Ways to Get Involved
Purchase an item from the Christmas Store Wish List above.
We ask that they be delivered to Mel Trotter, unwrapped, by December 14.
Purchase Items Online
You can go to our online Amazon Christmas Store at meltrotter.org/amazon and click on Christmas Store wish list. Your gift will be shipped directly to Mel Trotter Ministries.
Please order by December 10.
If you would prefer to give financially, we will be happy to use those funds for purchasing a gift. To give online, visit our website and click “Give Today.” Write Christmas Store in the comments.
- Be part of the set-up or clean-up crew, a personal shopper or a gift wrapper!
- Volunteer opportunities at the Christmas store are listed at www.meltrotter.org/volunteer by clicking “sign up.”
- For questions or more information, please call Paula Seales at 616-588-8723 or email .
Christmas Store Wish List
• Small appliances (coffee maker, toaster,
microwave, crockpot, etc.)* Urgent need
• Games and puzzle books for adults
• Hats, scarves, gloves (new)
• Flashlights and batteries
• Radios, alarm clocks, other household items
• Towels (all sizes)*
• Sheet sets (all sizes)*
• Tool kits
• Socks, underwear, long underwear, undershirts
(men & women)
• Candles and jewelry
• Wrapping paper and Christmas cards
• Men’s toiletries*
• Headphones and electronics
• Sleeping bags and blankets*
• Pajama sets (all sizes)
* Favorite items
Still have questions?
I need more information, who do I contact?
- Degage Ministries volunteer and guest representative:, 616-454-1661 EX. 212
- MTM representative for guests: , 616-588-8785
- MTM representative for volunteers and donors: , 616-588-8723