Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Full-time, Sundays (4 pm- 9 pm), Mon-Thurs (12 pm-9 pm), Friday (8:00 am-12 pm)
We will trust you with:
- Function as a campus chaplain/spiritual advisor to guests and staff in all areas of their spiritual development and education while they reside at MTM, including getting to personally know guests and staff.
- Oversee Guest spiritual assessments, monitor and participate in follow-up
- Be available at key times for Guest spiritual counseling, follow-up with spiritual decisions, teach classes on how to engage faith and to pray with Guests
- Follow up with Guests who have made spiritual decisions in chapel to offer them discipleship and church involvement options
- Collaborate with HR to help meet the spiritual counseling and/or education needs of our staff to include crisis-related assistance, one-on-one counseling, and occasional presentations
- Church-model Evening Chapel: three nights/week, and all classes of a spiritual nature, to ensure the teaching/preaching is Biblically based and supports MTM values and culture. Be prepared to conduct chapel and/or classes as needed
- Chapel Hospitality Teams: ensure the smooth operation of this program, and excellent execution of their responsibilities. Recruit and train as needed.
- Friendship Ministry: Actively encourage participation among church personnel who come to serve
- Day Center Evangelism: Create and initiate a Day Center evangelism and spiritual development program for our DC Guests
- Servant Leadership Class: Create and initiate a Servant Leadership class for Guests who want to take the step of serving their fellow Guests
- Model Compassionate Demonstrated with staff and Guests
- Be Passionate for Winning Souls for God’s Kingdom
- Preach The Gospel at All Times and use Words When Necessary
- Participate in spiritual-based guest and employee events, Spiritual Life Focus Group, and Spiritual retreat weekends, 6X/year
- Recruit and train interns and volunteers for the Spiritual Life Department, working with the Clinical Services Liaison (who oversees the intern process) and the Volunteer Coordinator (who oversees the volunteer process)
Bring your strengths:
- Solid education in Biblical studies. Minimum of bachelor’s degree in Biblical studies curriculum desired
- Proven skills regarding teaching/preaching, counseling and evangelism
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrate a Bible-based, Christ-centered, Spirit-led life
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503