Culinary Prep Cook
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Culinary Prep Cook - Full Time
We will trust you with:
- Cold and hot prep of food
- Set-up, and service of breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Provide cleanup of kitchens, dining room, and dishwashing areas
- Organize kitchen areas, dish room, storage areas
- Practice safe food handling and sanitation practices
Bring your strengths:
- Excellent hospitality and customer service, excellent communicator
- Catering or banquet experience preferred, not required
- Excellent knife skills, able to use of all kitchen equipment
- Excellent working knowledge of Michigan Food Code
- ServSafe certified or willing to be certified
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.