Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
On call - Thursday's
The Dental Assistant is to assist in all areas of the Dental Clinic to include Chair side assistance for the Dentist and the Administrative responsibilities required for the clinic. Maintain OSHA compliance in the clinic.
We will trust you with:
- Assist the dentists in providing patient treatment, x-rays and carrying out the treatment plan
- Assist with scheduling insured/ Trinity patients at chairside with explanation of treatment plan
- Pro-bono dentist referrals to Administrative coordinator and Liaison
- Proper set up, sanitation and storage of trays and dental instruments
- Follow dental protocol for proper sterilization techniques and asepsis in the clinic
- Maintain inventory/ ordering record of supplies
- Insurance verification, lab orders, Patient contact and follow-up
- Develop policies/procedures for job performance
- Proficiency with Eaglesoft Dental System and end of day documentation of treatment provided
- Preparation for morning Huddles
- Collaborate with Clinical Services Liaison regarding the schedule of professional volunteers
Bring your strengths:
- Certification to practice dental assisting
- OSHA and HIPPA certified
- Certified in CPR
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.