Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. We strive to impact our community, ending homelessness, one person at a time. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team, see what we can do together, through the power and compassion of Jesus Christ.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Dental Hygienist - Wednesday or Thursday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The Dental Hygienist works with the diagnosis of the Dentist, treating diseases of the mouth such as gum disease, and working to prevent tooth decay by providing care to the Community, guests and staff. Hours of service will be flexible.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We will trust you with:
- Performs all aspects of dental hygiene within the license boundaries and assist the dentist with any further treatment needed.
- Performs all procedures in accordance with OSHA Standards
- Establishes patients of record for treatment at MTM Dental Clinic
- In conjunction with the dentist creates patient Treatment Plans, provides patient exams and x-rays needed
- Responsible for discharging patient following treatment and evaluation
- Provides accurate and thorough documentation of patient treatment using Eaglesoft computer programming.
- Communicates clear and precise orders for treatment and follow-up care to MTM dental clinic staff
- Ability to collaborate with the educational experience of students participating in area Dental and Hygiene programs.
Bring your strengths:
- Licensed Dental Hygienist in the State of Michigan
- Certification to practice dental assisting
- OSHA and HIPPA certified
- Certified in CPR
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
- Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.