Dining Services Assistant
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Dining Services Assistant - Part-time
We will trust you with:
- Preparation, set-up, and service of breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Completing necessary daily food production as required
- Supervise meal services as well as cleanup of kitchens, dining room, and dishwashing areas
- Direct and supervise volunteers and program guests in daily kitchen operations
- Organization and maintenance of kitchen area
- Monitor health standards of program guests and volunteers (i.e. hand washing, gloves, hairnets, illness, etc.)
- Ensure that all meals are served on time
- Appropriately handle and store food deliveries as well as food donations
- Make sure that all food is handled and stored properly before, during, and after meal services
- Support all volunteers and program guests in daily operations. Inspire them with the Mel Trotter vision and mission. Stay connected with them by keeping channels of communication open both ways. Make sure that they feel appreciated for what they are doing.
Bring your strengths:
- One to two years’ experience in the food service industry is preferred
- Preferred Saturday availability
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.