Public Inebriate Shelter/Y.E.S. Shelter/Guest Safety Services
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Guest Safety Services: Public Inebriate Shelter/Y.E.S Shelter - Full-time 2nd shift
We will trust you with:
- Provide a warm transition for youth and P.I. guests to work with our advocates and coordinators, and/or community organizations who can assist them in meeting their goals.
- Administers agency based screening tools, assist in goal setting for Y.E.S. shelter guest.
- Assist with referrals for Pre-Restoration Program and Non-Medical Detox
- Assist nurses with requests for aid in Public Inebriate and/or Recuperation areas
- Assist MTM GSS teammates throughout the mission as needed, provide clean and safe building
- Provides documentation and reports for all intake and case management support
- Perform administrative duties using designated computer software systems
- Promptly communicate guest issues or concerns with advocates and leadership
- Direct and guide interns and volunteers, ensuring adherence to MTM policies and practices.
Bring your strengths:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in residential care, counseling, or crisis intervention is preferred
- Professional experience with youth in crisis. Trained in trauma informed care practices.
- Ability to motivate others towards achieving their goals, while maintaining clear boundaries
- Ability to work with culturally diverse youth as well as substance-affected individuals
- Certification in CPR and First Aid
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, professional verbal and written communication skills
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk or hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503