Guest Safety Services
This position is responsible for welcoming and showing hospitality to our guests, along with ensuring the building is safe and secure. Included is making a positive first impression, demonstrating excellent customer service, maintaining a calm atmosphere, and setting an example of the culture of MTM. This position also contains some administrative duties.
- Ensure and maintain a peaceful and safe environment by being present where guests are at, making rounds, perimeter checks, monitoring the security cameras, monitoring the radio traffic, and searching guests upon entry.
- Monitor guest behavior to ensure MTM policies and procedures are adhered to and the environment is safe and secure. Use non-aggressive, non-physical actions to address issues. Engage law enforcement or medical personnel as needed.
- Manage the Bag Room, Tote Room, Scrub Room for assistance and storage of guest belongings.
- Interact positively with others, answer questions, provide information about MTM, escort visitors, and present a positive image of MTM.
- Assist nurses with requests for aid in Public Inebriate and/or Recuperation areas
- Perform administrative duties using designated computer software systems, or other method to ensure guest and shift paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
- Promptly communicate guest issues or concerns with advocates and leadership
- Direct and guide interns and volunteers (including community service workers), ensuring they are adhering to position requirements and MTM policies and practices.
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting of building cleanliness and sanitation issues, and help with cleaning duties as needed (in particular staff storage and office areas)
- Help guests manage their schedule and activities while they are in the mission. This includes responding to requests, offering assistance, handling mail duties, and ensuring basic needs are met.
- Attendance/Punctuality- reliable and dependable
- Communication- prompt, courteous, respectful, helpful, appropriate, correct
- Initiative- takes appropriate action without being asked
- Attitude- positive and supportive of the work and organization
- Team Participation- supports and helps others
- Accountability- demonstrates responsibility
- Cooperation- willing to hear the thoughts of others and work toward a common goal
- Integrity/Credibility- honest and adheres to moral and ethical principles; trustworthy
- Compassion- concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification in CPR and First Aid
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Prefer experience in residential care, counseling, or crisis intervention
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk or hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503