Guest Safety Services
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Guest Safety Services -
Women's 2nd/3rd shift - Full time
Men's 1st/2nd/3rd shift - Full time
This position is responsible for welcoming and showing hospitality to our guests, along with ensuring the building is safe and secure. Included is making a positive first impression, demonstrating excellent customer service, maintaining a calm atmosphere, and setting an example of the culture of MTM. This position also contains some administrative duties. Additionally, below are some of the benefits you'll receive as a member of the MTM Staff.
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off (annual)
- Review with increase after 90 days
- Full portfolio of competitive benefits options
- Tuition discounts at select local universities
- Career development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
We will trust you with:
- Ensuring the security and safety of our building, grounds, and environment, through excellent attention to detail of our procedures and protocols.
- Interacting positively with staff, visitors, and guests, providing information about Mel Trotter Ministries, escorting people to their destination, and presenting a positive image of MTM.
- Assisting staff, guests, and management throughout the building and grounds as needed.
- Help guests manage their schedule and activities while they are in the mission. This includes responding to requests, offering assistance, handling mail duties, and ensuring basic needs are met.
- Performance of administrative duties using designated computer software systems, or other method to ensure guest and shift paperwork is completed timely and accurately.
- Promptly communicate guest issues or concerns with advocates and leadership
- Assist in the monitoring and reporting of building cleanliness and sanitation issues, and help with cleaning duties as needed (in particular staff storage and office areas)
Bring your strengths:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Certification in CPR and First Aid
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Prefer experience in residential care, counseling, or crisis intervention
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk or hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.