Human Resources Assistant
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Human Resources Assistant - Full-time, 1st Shift
We will trust you with:
Human Resources Functions
- Maintain and research new jobs posting platforms and opportunities. Maintain excellent relationships with platform vendors
- Communicate internal referral opportunities and internal promotion or transfer opportunities each week
- Manage our ATS, review and sort all resumes and applications
- Provide pre-screening and follow up for all qualified applicants, schedule interviews and/or provide interviews for non-management roles. Accurately complete interview forms, provide recommendations to management team.
- Schedule and perform new hire orientation, provide onboarding scheduling and support
- Research and recommend training and development activities, assist with such events
- Assist with maintenance of personnel and confidential staff files
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the VP of Human Resources, to include updating forms and policies, certification registrations, etc
- Assist with event registrations, company event/party coordination, planning, execution
Atrium Reception Functions
- Greet all visitors, guests, and staff with genuine warmth and enthusiasm, and with the compassion of Jesus Christ
- Maintain order and professionalism in atrium, maintain clear access to the window by encouraging those in the area to be seated or to enjoy a conversation off to the side
- Alert employees when their guest is in the lobby, or they have a phone call
- Ensure visitors are always properly badged through and properly escorted
- Use the radio system in the event of breach in security
- Provide accurate and helpful information on our programs as well as other programs in our community
- Provide accurate information to our guests, employees regarding our program, ministry and shelter rules
- Assist callers and visitors with donation drive questions and drop offs
Bring your strengths:
- Bachelor’s Degree, HR certificate, or equivalent HR experience
- Minimum 1 year experience successfully performing related duties
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, productive, interpersonal skills
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written, business grammar
- Skilled use of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Comfortable presenting trainings and reports
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503