There are a variety of internship opportunities at MTM that could be for those interested in the medical field, dental care, chiropractic and vision care, hospitality, social work and counseling, marketing, food service, fundraising, etc. If you are interested in interning at MTM, please contact Nancy Bonin at or 616-588-8711.
Video Intern - Communication Department
The Communication Video Intern will work closely with the MTM Communication team with producing, shooting and editing videos that tell the MTM brand story in an empathetic and compelling way to elevate the Mission and engage constituents. Videos will be used for events, social media, website and other channels to encourage support of the ministry. Stipend provided at completion of internship.
- Work alongside the MTM creative team to create and execute a video strategy to support the goals of the Mission.
- Leading the planning process for story ideas, concepts, location scouting and interview scheduling as needed; managing production timeline from start to finish.
- Maintains the MTM brand voice and style across all videography work.
- Create a video content calendar to be utilized by the communication department throughout the year.
- Auditing MTM’s current video content, providing recommendations at the completion of internship.
- Performs other duties as required by manager.
- Demonstrate the compassion of Jesus Christ and ability to see the value in every human being no matter how broken they are.
- 5-10 hours per week
- 6-12 weeks
- Currently enrolled in undergraduate or master’s degree program at a college/university
- Working toward a degree in film and video, multimedia journalism or related field
- Junior level standing or above
- Existing demo reel or website of work (school or professional)
- Proven success in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated confidence and compassion
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and creative direction on projects
- Must have excellent time management and organization
- Ability to be flexible with project duties and have a positive attitude
- Internship Application submitted and approved
- Introduction Interview completed with MTM Internship Coordinator
- Completed and signed Mel Trotter Ministries’ Code of Conduct
- Background Authorization form completed
- Meet with MTM staff you will be reporting to for introduction and schedule opportunities.
Communication Event Intern
The Communication Events Intern will assist the MTM Communication team with producing strategies, tactics and executing the Mel Trotter Ministries Events in fall of 2019. The intern will plan, promote and lead the annual Turkey Drop event and support other fall events including in-kind drives and the Thanksgiving Community Meal and other areas as needed. www.meltrotter.org/turkeydrop. $500 stipend upon completion of internship.
• Create and execute an event plan for MTM Turkey Drop 2019
• Work alongside the MTM creative team to develop a design theme
• Develop and execute a public relations plan for the event, including writing press releases and identifying creative ways to engage the public
• Team up with the Communication Coordinator on incorporating a social media strategy that aligns with MTM brand
• Collaborate with MTM volunteer coordinator to utilize volunteers for the day of Turkey Drop, November 20, 2019.
• Promote MTM’s brand to increase attendance and donations
• Assist MTM program staff in identifying MTM guests for potential interviews/story features
• Working with MTM facilities staff on logistics for the event
• Establish goals and metrics to assess whether goals have been met at the end of the event
• Assist with other event preparation as needed (food/in-kind drives, Thanksgiving Community Meal, etc.)
• 5-10 hours per week.
• Currently enrolled in undergraduate or master’s degree program at a college/university.
• Working toward a degree in hospitality, public relations, marketing, communication or related field.
• Sophomore level standing or above
• Existing portfolio of work (school or professional) including event plan or public relations plan
• Proven success in a deadline-driven environment
• Demonstrated confidence and compassion
• Proven creative and technical writing skills
• Must be able to work independently and execute tasks remotely at times
• Excellent time management and organization
• Ability to be flexible with project duties and have a positive attitude
• Flexible availability on Turkey Drop day November 14, 2018
• Internship Application submitted and approved.
• Introduction Interview completed with Internship Coordinator.
• Completed and signed Mel Trotter Ministries’ Code of Conduct
• Background Authorization form completed
• Meet with MTM staff you will be reporting to for introduction and schedule opportunities.
- Fill out the Internship Application
- Prepare an updated résumé.
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application and résumé to:
Attn: Internship Opportunity
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503