Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Mel Trotter Ministries is investing in an opportunity for a highly-focused, self-driven, creative student, with the chance to learn relationship based fundraising, to engage with our dynamic and energized development team. As an intern on this team, you will realize strategy and execution of successful fundraising efforts in action. The Fundraising/Development Intern will in some way participate in the overall process with current and new donors and foundations, alongside fellow professionals, for Mel Trotter Ministries.
You will learn and get the opportunity to:
- Recognize relationships with donors
- Complete donor correspondence as needed (mail, phone calls, personal visits)
- Ensure donor awareness and participation in events
- Participate in the planning and coordinating of relationship development
- Engage and meet with donors in the community
- Research and identify sources of support, proactively seek opportunities to generate new donor proposals based on interests and alignment with Mel Trotter Ministries.
- Visualize from an outside view a donor database system
- Participate in the generating of creative ideas to help sustain fundraising efforts
- Join in and realize the goal setting atmosphere that this team lives in
- Identify funding opportunities
- Increase awareness for Mel Trotter Mission’s full scope of services
- Practice relationship management
- Fulfill data
- Attend donor site visits as needed
Bring your strengths:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program (junior/senior level) at college/university working towards a degree in Non-Profit Fundraising, Fundraising and Development, Business, Communications, Public Relations, Philanthropy, Non-Profit Management, or related field/program
- Preferred skill at initiating and cultivating relationships
- Prefer interpersonal skills, and professional verbal and written communication
- Productive independent worker and positive team participant
- Highly organized, with excellent attention to detail and timeliness
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Preferred ability to gather, analyze and utilize data
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally, and up to 15 pounds regularly
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.