IT Project Coordinator
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
IT Project Coordinator - Full-time
We will trust you with:
- Coordinate and plan all IT project requests, ensuring timely completion and professional standard of excellence
- Lead a team in the development of projects, utilizing positive leadership skills and accountability standards
- Provide recommendations for new or upgraded technology platforms and products, obtain and provide cost quotes and timelines for development and implementation
- Through expert use of technology, further MTM’s ability to utilize data measurement to further mission goals
- Assist staff/leadership with IT needs, projects, and requests
- Maintain excellent and consistent communication between leadership, management, staff, interns, and our partners at Hungerford, regarding all relevant aspects of the IT department function
Bring your strengths:
- BA degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
- Expert level technology mastery and experience, database management, data extractions using queries and filters, and data analysis methodologies
- Knowledge of and connections with the social service and not for profit sector.
- Experience in coordinating multiple projects effectively within deadlines
- Demonstrated written and group facilitation skills
- Ability to analyze data and present highly technical findings or information to a non-savvy audience
- Capacity to multi-task and high level attention to detail
- Self-directed with ability to integrate tasks into the whole
- Technical skills with Microsoft Office Suite and SQL.
- Advanced understanding of issues facing people in poverty and crises, with a commitment to assist individuals and families achieve stability, health, wholeness, and independence
- Positive leadership and communication style
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it or stop into the downtown location for a paper copy
- Apply online
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503