Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Maintenance/Facilities- Full time
This position is responsible for performing general building maintenance repairs, completion of projects, and grounds maintenance duties.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We will trust you with:
- Complete assigned maintenance projects or tasks thoroughly, accurately, timely, and with high quality standards
- Perform plumbing repairs as assigned
- Perform janitorial / cleaning of building inside and outside as assigned
- Maintaining cleaning supplies and equipment as assigned
- Serve as job coach for mission guests assigned through training, supervising, correcting, holding accountable and developing a strong work ethic
- Work with and support program staff in creating and growing a strong, flexible job training program
- Utilize case management software to receive and share information
- May be requested to support processing of donated autos
Bring your strengths:
- Demonstrated knowledge of building maintenance and repair work
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience in building construction preferred
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.