Men's Emergency Shelter Case Manager
This position is a daily point of contact for all emergency shelter guests. Responsibilities include the ability to assess the needs and identified barriers that brought the guest into shelter, recruit guests into helpful shelter services options or connect them with resources in our community. Provide case management in regard to seeking housing and employment. This person will be responsible for ensuring timely data entry into the platforms for case management and other record keeping, and to assist with reporting requirements. This position provides spiritual support, guidance, and encouragement for all guests.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We will trust you with:
- Recruit, engage, and direct all guests to resources either within MTM or in the community.
- Provide solution-focused case management with the goal of helping emergency shelter guests transition into housing or employment, or both.
- Maintain open communication with other case managers on referrals being made for and assist with preparing the guests for entry into selected services.
- Through HMIS, determine if shelter guests have completed a VI SPDAT and if not, assist in scheduling for completion either through HAP or onsite. Demonstrate proficiency in administering VI SPDAT's and ensure that they are completed within the required timeframe, as needed.
- Arrange group activities, monitor activities to ensure engagement and excellence.
- Demonstrate proficiency in VCM, Guest World, and HMIS. Ensure accuracy and timelines of all entries.
- Partner with and provide support for the Intake Team.
- Assist in providing direction and oversight for shelter volunteers.
- Maintain Trotter Trends, and make available to guests.
- Serve as MOD on the rotating schedule.
Bring your strengths:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience in a related position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Proficient with information management software platforms, or able to learn
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Ability to communicate our vision professionally and passionately
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
- Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and up to 35 pounds regularly
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.