Director of Multicultural Engagement
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Director of Multicultural Engagement, Full time
In this role you will be a key thought leader and advisor to our high energy executive leadership team, a partner to human resources, and a mentor and key support to managers and team members throughout Mel Trotter Ministries. You will have the authority and challenge of building the ministry’s core values of demonstrating the compassion of Jesus Christ to all. You will collaborate to create a safe, welcoming, and equitable environment, and a multicultural strategy of advocacy for an honoring culture for all.
We will trust you with:
- Engage in collaborative work with our Executive Leadership Team
- Provide problem solving, leading, visioning, and strategy development
- Engage the workforce
- Partner with Human Resources to develop diverse talent engagement opportunities
- Enhance multicultural education efforts across the ministry
- Challenge organizational policies, practices, and culture that present barriers to cross-cultural competency
- Build and expand community relationships
- Ensure an organizational culture in which all employees can thrive and advance in provision of exceptional services to our guests
Bring your strengths:
- Bachelor Degree and/or three years’ experience strongly preferred in HR, Multicultural Engagement, or related discipline
- Extensive background in developing and implementing multicultural strategies
- Excellent mediation and engagement skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Ability to communicate verbally and to accurately hear, with hearing correction
- Ability to see 20/20, with vision correction
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds regularly.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503