Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
This position is responsible for providing triage of medical complaints, First Aid and CPR, and a medical assessment of Guests brought into the Public Inebriate Program via EMS, police or walking in on their own. The nurse also responds to all medical emergencies that occur in the building.
We will trust you with:
- Provide accurate documentation of all Guest interactions and medical interventions
- Assist with Health Education and referrals to hospitals, agencies and clinics for Program Guests
- Provide triage and medical assessments of Public Inebriates (PI) and Program Guests with emergent medical complaints
- Coordinate and evaluate medical inventory or item donations
- Assist in coordinating and providing TB skin tests for staff and Flu shots when available.
- Maintain PI statistics needed for PI Program funding needs
Bring your strengths:
- High School graduate (or equivalent)
- EMT licensing and current CPR certification
- Fluent in English, written and verbal
- Studious with new processes and software programs.
- Trained and experienced in regard to HIPAA rules and regulations
- Experience working in a highly professional office environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to respond decisively, calmly, and appropriately during crisis
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503