Payroll and Benefits Administrator
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator - Full-time, 1st Shift
We will trust you with:
- Payroll: Accurately perform all payroll and accounting duties, meet all deadlines
- Employment Records:
-Ensure all employment records are current and complete (including the HRIS system, personnel file, confidential file, etc.).
-Maintain secure, organized file storage for active and inactive employees
-Maintain secure, confidential HIPAA files
-I-9: Maintain accurate, organized, secure binders for I-9 verification
- Insurance Benefits:
-Group insurance changes, terminations
-Records management (enrollments, census, claims)
-Claims filing: disability, life
-Spreadsheets and accounting reports
- Non-insurance benefits
-Assist with education and staff enrichment opportunities
- Employment, benefits, and compliance reporting requirements, including ACA requirements
- Benefits Information:
-Provide new employees with complete and accurate employee benefits information.
-Maintain accurate and updated benefits information postings for existing staff member
-Process claims (including managing the UIA account)
-Ensure our response best represents our position
- Verification of Employment (VOE), garnishments, and other related document needs
- Administrative Reporting: Employee turnover, dashboard, etc.
- Budget Staffing Spreadsheet: Maintain wage and salary information, pay range spreadsheet
- Reception Support: Provide Atrium coverage as scheduled or requested
- Perform additional tasks and complete additional projects, upon request of Senior HR Director or Chief Operating Officer
Bring your strengths:
- Bachelor’s Degree or five years HR experience, proven experience in HR practices
- Minimum 3 years’ experience successfully performing payroll and benefits duties
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, grammar and business writing
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503