Profoundly Intoxicated Shelter
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
RN for Profoundly Intoxicated Shelter - Part Time
We will trust you with:
- Provide accurate documentation of all Guest interactions and medical interventions
- Provide triage and medical assessments of Public Inebriates (PI) and Program Guests with emergent medical complaints
- Assist with Health Education and referrals to hospitals, agencies and clinics as needed for Program Guests
- Assist in coordinating and providing TB skin tests for staff and Flu shots when available.
- Provide patient care using critical reasoning skills and ethical judgement that supports a safe standard of care, advocacy for patients in an alternative healthcare environment
- Evaluate an interdisciplinary plan of care for a diverse population who is experiencing a variety of physical and psychosocial health states in a community setting
- Coordinate and evaluate medical inventory or item donations
- Maintain PI statistics needed for PI Program funding needs
- Integrate theory and evidence –based knowledge in the application of nursing care for clients while supporting the goals of health promotion, health maintenance, and disease prevention in a community-based setting
- Direct, teach, mentor, coach and work with nursing students when they are on site, helping them acclimate and achieve success with their internship
Bring your strengths:
- Formal training in the nursing field with a State of Michigan RN License
- Current CPR Certification.
- Prefer minimum 3 years of experience
- Some crisis intervention training and/or experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and business writing
- Models professionalism
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk or hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.