Profoundly Intoxicated Shelter
We will trust you with:
- Provide accurate documentation of all Guest interactions and medical interventions
- Provide triage and medical assessments of Public Inebriates (PI) and Program Guests with emergent medical complaints
- Assist with Health Education and referrals to hospitals, agencies and clinics as needed for Program Guests
- Assist in coordinating and providing TB skin tests for staff and Flu shots when available.
- Provide patient care using critical reasoning skills and ethical judgement that supports a safe standard of care, advocacy for patients in an alternative healthcare environment
- Evaluate an interdisciplinary plan of care for a diverse population who is experiencing a variety of physical and psychosocial health states in a community setting
- Coordinate and evaluate medical inventory or item donations
- Maintain PI statistics needed for PI Program funding needs
- Integrate theory and evidence –based knowledge in the application of nursing care for clients while supporting the goals of health promotion, health maintenance, and disease prevention in a community-based setting
- Direct, teach, mentor, coach and work with nursing students when they are on site, helping them acclimate and achieve success with their internship
Bring your strengths:
- Formal training in the nursing field with a State of Michigan RN License
- Current CPR Certification.
- Prefer minimum 3 years of experience
- Some crisis intervention training and/or experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including grammar and business writing
- Models professionalism
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk or hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.