This position is responsible for providing triage of medical complaints, First Aid and CPR, and a medical assessment of Guests brought into the Public Inebriate Program via EMS, police or walking in on their own. The nurse also responds to all medical emergencies that occur in the building.
- Provide accurate documentation of all Guest interactions and medical interventions
- Assist with Health Education and referrals to hospitals, agencies and clinics as needed for Program Guests
- Direct, teach, mentor, coach and work with nursing students when they are on site, helping them acclimate and achieve success with their internship
- Provide triage and medical assessments of Public Inebriates (PI) and Program Guests with emergent medical complaints
- Coordinate and evaluate medical inventory or item donations
- Assist in coordinating and providing TB skin tests for staff and Flu shots when available.
- Maintain PI statistics needed for PI Program funding needs
- Faith - Commitment to faith-based approach to advocacy for the guests
- Sensitivity - competently communicate across racial, class and cultural divides
- Attendance/Punctuality - reliable and dependable
- Communication - prompt, courteous, respectful, helpful, appropriate, correct
- Initiative - takes appropriate action without being asked
- Attitude - positive and supportive of the work and organization
- Team Participation - supports and helps others
- Accountability - demonstrates responsibility
- Cooperation - willing to hear the thoughts of others and work toward a common goal
- Integrity/Credibility - honest and adheres to moral and ethical principles; trustworthy
- Compassion - concern for the sufferings or misfortunes of others, leading to action and advocacy
- Formal training in the nursing field with a State of Michigan RN License
- Current CPR Certification.
- Some crisis intervention training and/or experience
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
- Frequently exposed to varying temperatures from below 32 degrees to above 80 degrees
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503