Women's Shelter Advocate
Who is Mel Trotter Ministries?
We are innovative, empathetic and compassionate difference-makers. We dream and dare more for MTM because all of God’s people deserve more. We walk alongside people as they transform their lives. Do you share our innovative and driven love of people, and do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Together and through the power of Christ, we can do immeasurably more to solve homelessness in our community.
You belong here if:
You are called to make an impact in greater Grand Rapids.
You are called to help men, women and children overcome homelessness.
You see value and potential in every human being no matter how broken they are.
You rejoice in seeing lives transformed forever.
You are called to demonstrate the compassion of Jesus to everyone.
Women's Shelter Advocate, Full-time, Varied
We will trust you with:
- Provide solutions-based case management services, develop and maintain case management files and action plans for guests
- Expertly and consistently use case management software
- Regularly communicate with guests one-on-one, offer spiritual mentoring, and prayer upon request
- Connect guests to community resources to overcome barriers to overall success in exiting shelter with housing and employment
- Supervise placement and progress of guests in regard to chores, job training, and classes
Communication and Coordination
- Secure guest testimonies during their stay and upon discharge, sharing these with Communications and Ministry
- Monitor and assist with chapel services, Bible studies, and on-site classes
- Communicate daily with management and other staff to ensure policy and program guidelines are being met
- Oversee the schedule of outside agencies using the Day Center
Bring your strengths:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years’ experience in a related position
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient with Virtual Case Manager and Homeless Information Management System software
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects
- Professional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Regular standing, walking, climbing, crouching, bending, pushing, or pulling
- Understand, speak, read, and write fluent English
- Required to talk and hear
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Able to use fine motor hand functions
*Applications and resumes are accepted for current positions only.
- Print the application and complete it
- E-mail, fax, or mail completed application (along with a cover letter and resume, if appropriate) to:
Mel Trotter Ministries
225 Commerce Ave. SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49503