Most charitable gifts are given in the form of cash because this is so familiar. However, this is probably not the most cost-effective way for you to give to ministry. Many people may have a large position of stock with a very low cost basis or real estate with a very low cost basis and selling it would incur a very large tax payment, because of capital gains. You can increase your potential impact – and experience significant tax savings – by giving non-cash assets to the ministries close to your heart.
Examples of Non-Cash Assets
- Stocks, bonds, mutual funds, and ETFs
- Gold and silver
- Real estate
- Business interests
- Farm commodities
- Life insurance
- Retirement assets, such as gifts from your IRA
Benefits of Giving Non-Cash Assets
- Tax-wise. Receive a fair market value deduction at the time of your gift and avoid tax liability on the sale of appreciated assets.
- Eliminate hassles. Give assets you no longer need or want to manage (such as rental properties of vacation homes) for the benefit of Kingdom causes.
We Can Help
Mel Trotter and our Partner Barnabas Foundation will help you…
- Understand the options available to you, in a way that is clear and easy to understand.
- Reduce your taxes by giving stock, real estate, commodities or other non-cash gifts to your favorite Kingdom causes.
Let us help!
Schedule your confidential, complimentary conversation with Diane W. Hyland by calling 616-588-8732 or contact her by email at or .